1. BOOST YOUR COLOR - people love color and a great way of boosting sales is to take your most popular jewelry and offer it in multiple color choices. If you have an earring that sells well why not offer it in a dozen colors. Often customers will come back looking for their favourite pair in more colors.
2. PILE ON THE EARRINGS - Christmas time is a great time to carry a wide variety of earrings. They make easy gift items and you would be surprised how many people, in the spirit of Christmas shopping, will pick up a pair or three for themselves. Once the spending gates open it becomes difficult for most customers to curb personal shopping.
3. MAKE IT AFFORDABLE - Make sure to stock enough items in the twenty to thirty dollar range. Many times you will have customers who are shopping for many people including co-workers or they are buying stocking stuffers and do not necessarily want to spend a lot of money.
Make it easy for them to check one more person off their list. Go ahead and have some high end items, but don't forget to have affordable items for the average sale.
4. EXACT MATCH - There is no doubt people love to match so if they love one of your necklaces make sure that you have a matching earring to offer them. This can make the job of adding on to a sale that much easier.
5. MIX AND MATCH - Make your jewelry interchangeable with items that can be mixed and matched. There is no rule that says you have to have the exact same drop on your earring as the one you have on your necklace.
Learn how to design jewelry pieces that can be pulled together with the same stone or metal finish. In fact, some customers do not like to have their jewelry pieces match exactly and would rather have a slightly different complimentary design.
6. BOXED SETS - Spell it out to your customer by displaying pre boxed sets so they get the idea loud and clear. Matching items up for your customers is a great way to take the guess work out of what to buy. Sometimes it is just easier to pick up a box that is good to go. Not everyone has the vision that you do, so show them how great a pairing can be.
7. JEWELRY WITH MEANING - We all have jewelry with special meaning whether it is because it was designed with unique purpose or we have cherished memories of how we acquired the piece. Learning how to design jewelry with meaning is a matter of getting your creative ideas flowing.
Consider using birthstones, healing stones, symbolism and stories with your jewelry. Adding a little card that explains the meaning of your design can be an excellent selling feature. Some of the best selling jewelry in the marketplace are those that are designed with sentiment and symbolism and they continue to be growing
Below is a short story of how special memories will help you connect with how to design jewelry with meaning: